J. L. Gordon is a third-generation plaintiff's attorney whose sole focus is demanding justice and redress for the injured.
Mr. Gordon has litigated a wide variety of civil law cases including, but not limited to, medical malpractice, toxic torts, serious car and bike accidents, product defects, premises liability, fraud, elder abuse, employment law, and wrongful death.
Mr. Gordon is admitted to practice law before the following jurisdictions:
- All California State Courts
- Federal Central District of California
- Federal Eastern District of California
- Federal Northern District of California
- Federal Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
Mr. Gordon obtained his Bachelor's Degree in Labor Studies and Public Policy from California State University, where he was an officer of the Labor Studies Students Association. He was also the Teacher's Assistant to the Dean and Chair of the Labor Studies department.
After that, Mr. Gordon obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of West Los Angeles, where he earned multiple Witkin Awards for Academic Excellence, and participated in an extensive directed study regarding the imposition and application of strict liability with regards to residential pesticide use. Also during law school, Mr. Gordon volunteered at the Van Nuys legal self-help center.
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys Association of California
- American Association for Justice
- California State University Attorney Alumni Chapter
Mr. Gordon enjoys playing guitar, singing, watching baseball, and spending time with his family. He is also legally ordained to officiate and perform marriage ceremonies in the State of California. His favorite movies are Lawrence of Arabia, the Godfather (parts 1 and 2), and Hustle and Flow. His favorite television shows are M*A*S*H and LOST.